Saturday, April 24, 2004

I'm watching a bio about Uma Thurman on E.
Movies she's made (not in chronological order:)

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Henry and June
3. Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
4. Beautiful Girls
5. Dangerous Liasions
6. Final Analysis
7. Kill Bill
8. Gattica
9. Batman and Robin
10. The Avengers
11. Hysterical Blindness

"How did Uma get to be so cool?" I ask Xiaonan.

"She uses the gifts that god gave her; she's beautiful, she has a great personality, and she's unique," she said.

Uma became the spokesmodel for Lancome. "They have great mascara," Xiaonan tells me. I become inordinately jealous and buy six strawberry Panda licorices.

***

I went to see Ken's reading at The Ann Arbor Book Fair. He read from his book Big Enigmas. The last poem he read was called "Why We Should Invade Iraq"--
an anti-war poem. It made me think how much more complex human life is than the simple surface we see everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home