Saturday, February 28, 2004

See Boy With Airplane:

http://www.tibordenagy.com/artists/janestreet_works2.html

*
a watercolor of Fastastic Shell

(not pictured)

*

Simone de Beauvoir:

Sunday, June 22nd, 1952

Yes, I think I'm off to a good start, and for at least two years. In one sense it makes me feel secure. That good little schoolgirl is still there inside me, worrying if I "sit doing nothing" for a week or two. A trip is a kind of activity, so I can give myself up to it without guilt. But in Paris I was just drifting, and I blamed myself for that. All the same, I haven't been completely wasting my time. Apart from writing this diary and correcting my proofs, I've amassed material for my book, reread my old novels and letters, jotted down some memories. I think I really will get through my ten pages a day now. There's something disheartening about doing it all so messily, but I can't afford to hold myself back by WRITING a single page before I've got the whole canvas blocked out. This is the way I worked on America Day by Day; though not on the Memoirs--those I wrote in little sections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home