Sunday, December 05, 2004

December in Boulder (a nature walk)

Paseo del Prado

Birds squeaking, longshadow:
"Morning swings in a moonsplashed hole."

Maya Place

2 large tractors in yard
1 green
1 bright ORANGE (like my sweater
and daisies bought yesterday
in imitation of O'Keeffe's Red Poppy.)
"Looking out the door we can see Venus rising.
Ok. There she is."

Abeya

Yellowoman on bike moving slowly over ice
shows me like orangutan big white teeth.
I remember the raccoons at the Bronx Zoo
black gloved hands like me.
"Buds knows themselves through hot and cold."

Savannah

little blonde boy pushing stroller
Pampas grasses, smiles--
"I wonder if I had not been born
who would be drinking this cup of coffee."

Cottonwood Trail

Prairie dogs confer amongst themselves.
"Pick up your own prairie dog
on the way out," said the Professor
on the field trip.

She talks to the black steers,
"Ciao Leute!"
They stare and chew.
Highly impressed.
The gas station guy gives me change.
"You look Great!"
Thankyou.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home