Saturday, September 25, 2004

Taking a break from the book Technician's of the Sacred's
Fragments of the Pyramid Texts
("Thy face is like............................................")
I took at peek at The New York Times online to see
what new thing they had to entice me.
Low and behold, there is an article dedicated SOLELY
to bloggers. Imagine my joy at the discovery of others like me.
Especially this (cute/intellectual) one:

http://dailykos.com/

He makes me wonder what I have been doing with myself, so extensive is his blog. He reminds me of Joe in St. Lucia, teaching computers to kids and rewarding them with glowsticks.
(Hi Joe!)

Another one I discovered is wonkette. I've seen her before on television. She's very funny and makes me Jaloux with a Capitol J:

www.wonkette.com

***

I'm trying to figure out how blogging, linguistic philosophy and the Election are connected so I consult the I CHING (opened at random to page 420):

Shih/ the army

The Sequence

When there is conflict, the masses are sure to rise up.
Hence there follows the hexagram of the army.
Army means mass.
Army means mourning.

THE JUDGEMENT

The army needs a strong man. Good fortune without blame.

THE IMAGE

In the middle of the earth is water:
The image of the army.
Thus the superior man increases his masses
By generosity toward the people.

***

hmm. I kind of like that reading. What say you, Jason?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is simply matchless phrase ;)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home