Thursday, May 27, 2004

Hepburn And Hopper Reunited
after J.A.

Katharine in her study
Propped up his rose. "He does not want to stand."
She murmurs into the microphone.
The fuzzy dark microphone!
She wears the lyotard yoga Saturday.
She builds a tree out of Edward--
The result is a lither Edward.
In the music is a reprise.

"To be the tree--how would you like to be
The tree, green with farandolae, inside
Mitochondria?" Katharine shivered.
The lotus speeds toward a waterfall.
"Something, Edward, in your little finger--
Next week we'll learn the derring-do."

*

This Is Just To Say
or
Hopper's House at Dusk

for Phil & Claire

Thank you for the hamburgers and popcorn
Of last Sunday. I thought you would enjoy
This picture that reminds me so much of me
Last night at dusk, listening to Billie Holiday.
You will appreciate the bent golden head
Gazing out in a pale blue dress, pining.

I thought about the seaside this afternoon
And a smile played about my lips
As I shooed away a bee. Is it not truly
A delight when you think of some place special?
O my goodness! How late the hour is!
May hamburgers and popcorn be with you always! (Love, Renee)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home