Thursday, November 27, 2003

Notes from the train to Chicago

1. I remember how Tori told me that she worked at a place called Wahoo Fish Taco
when she lived in Denver.

2. "Be glad that you know me."

3. The man at the train snack bar called me a movie star. What did I do, I wonder.

4. I found the grrls art book in a manilla envelope when I cleaned my room--how useful.
Thank you Stuart Dybek.

5. I read a passage that was an interview between Lee Krasner and a little known African American female painter, whose work sample I liked better than Krasner's.

6. The goal of this trip is to see with new eyes.

7. I remember the book "A Gift of Magic"--about a girl who had ESP.

8. Is it unwise to consider grad school? Have I been following my heart more than my head? What about learning web design? Will the scars ever go away?

9. It is possilbe to burrow so far into yourself that a feeling of vertigo ensues when you try to face reality.

10. C told me, "No one is your friend."

11. X rewards herself with tv. B makes sweetbreads. J takes daytrips on her bike.
My neighbor sings at night.

12. I remember the movie Wings of Desire.

13. A little girl in a pink coat keeps walking up and down the train aisle.

14. The teabag artist. Not Joe B.

15. As a high school senior I admired Fiona Apple, who made a video for mtv when she was eighteen.

16. In the interview, the popular musician said she used to sing in DC bars for senators and their mistresses. She had long hair like Arwen from Lord of the Rings.

17. T comes into the restaurant to look at C.

18. When I get off the train, I will go with Rich and Andrea to a family restaurant called Jedi's Garden.

19. I plan to visit the contemporary museum of art.

20. I knew a girl who was a poet in high school. She wrote a poem for a boy who died. The poem ended, "What will we do when we have forgotten how to dance?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home